It is no wonder that eyelash extensions have taken off the last few years. For awhile no one was using false eyelashes than BAM they were back on the scene but frankly they can be a real hassle to deal with. Getting false eyelashes off and on is time consuming and can be painful as you rip your own eyelashes out trying to get your false eyelashes off.
Eyelash extensions are super popular among celebrities because they offer that glam look without much effort. There are three types of eyelash extensions. There are synthetic (least expensive) silk (moderately priced) and Mink (expensive).
There are different amounts that are applied depending on the condition of the natural lash and how thick or thin they are. A good way to start with eyelash extensions is by doing a 40%-60% instead of a 100% extension.
Eyelash extensions should be tuned up every 3-4 weeks. The regular growth cycle of eyelashes varies by individual from 3-6 weeks as your normal cycle of growth is initiated your eyelash extensions will have to be reapplied. To keep the lashes looking full it is best to have the procedure done every 3-4 weeks.
You should not use mascara with extensions especially not waterproof mascara which can be difficult to remove AND cause the extensions to fall off with your natural eyelashes. The glue that is used is sensitive and the weight of the mascara can cause it to lose its adherence ability. If you must you can use mascara on the tips of the extensions only to add length.
1. What better way to save time and money on mascara than getting the eyelashes you always wanted every few weeks at the salon? This is a great answer when you are busy and do not have time to sit in front of the mirror every morning attaching fake lashes and/or mascara. Not too mention getting it all back off at night! In some cases the fake lashes can be damaging to your natural lashes and putting them on and off is always risky.
2. Eyelash extensions are semi permanent which cuts out the risk of having to remove false eyelashes everyday and having to reapply them everyday. The on and off of the false eyelashes is far more detrimental to your lashes than the one time application of the eyelash extensions with minimal upkeep. It is the healthier way to get the look you want!
3. The pro clearly is the look you will achieve with this simple process. If your lashes are healthy than this process is a great choice. It is a safe option for that busy woman that does not want to have to worry about applying stuff to her lashes everyday.
4. The options are plentiful and affordable for most people. The materials are safe to use on your eyes and can not cause blindness (which is a rumor). Eyelash extensions are a great way to get that full flirty look without having to rely on mascara or false eyelashes to get it.
5. These types of extensions can be used to lengthen your natural lashes or thicken your natural lashes. You can choose the look that you want from dramatic to subtle. Eyelash extensions are an excellent opportunity to get a look that you love with little hassle. There is a time element involved but isn’t there always when you are trying to improve your looks?
6. Eyelash extensions are affordable options and an easy way to do something nice for yourself to improve your appearance.
1. The cons are plentiful when it comes to eyelash extensions but almost all lay in the ability of the person that is doing the application. The biggest con is when these eyelash extensions are not applied correctly and cause damage to your natural eyelashes like have them fall out prematurely.
2. The problem lies in the aptitude of the technician. It is imperative when eyelash extensions are used that they are applied to each individual eyelash and that they are not applied in clumps! The ability of the technician plays a huge role. To avoid the most common con or negative aspect of using eyelash extensions.
3. When eyelash extensions are not applied the right way you can be in for a world of problems with your own natural lashes. A botched job can cause you irritation and cause your natural lashes to break. Call around before you make the choice to have eyelash extensions done to be sure that you find the best technician that you can .
4. The time it takes to get the initial extensions done is about 2 hours which can be a bit much to be sitting with your head back and eyes closed. This can be considered a con as well. A lot of busy women do not have the time to dedicate to sitting in a salon chair for that amount of time although the touch ups are much quicker and you can get them done in about half the time.
5. You can also have a reaction to the glue that is used. If you notice any discomfort during the process be sure that you speak up because there should be no discomfort at all. If you notice any burning speak up and let the technician know that you are experiencing a burning situation, the glue may have to be changed out.
6. It is very rare to have a reaction to the glue that is used to attach the eyelashes but if you have sensitive skin you may experience some discomfort and you should speak up because you can have a reaction to the glue which will be uncomfortable.
7. To get the really great lashes one of the cons is cost. Mink lashes are by far the best but they by far cost far more than most people are willing to spend. Saving money by using synthetic lashes can actually back fire. Synthetic lashes do not last as long and are not as durable as mink or other natural lashes. Insuring that you get the best quality lashes can cost quite a bit out of pocket so you do want to be sure that you are prepared to pay for the initial application and than further for the upkeep.
Other than those potential issues there are no other cons that you need to be aware of. Again the most important part of being sure to avoid the potential issues is to use a credible source for the application. The majority of the complaints and problems stem from using an inexperienced technician that misapplies the lashes. Ask friends and family members for their recommendations to be sure that you get the right tech to apply the lashes and you should be worry free.
It is imperative that each extension that is used is matched to only one eyelash at a time or the risk of losing your eyelashes is highly probable.
All the celebrities opt for eyelash extensions instead of having to deal with mascara and false eyelashes. It is an easy solution for anyone that wants to get the latest full lash look!